Aromatherapy, as we all know, is the practice of inhaling scents and fragrances from essential oils for therapeutic purposes. It is known to be very effective in helping relieve stress and other health conditions. The effectiveness of aromatherapy is what has encouraged many of us to find out where to buy an essential oil diffuser so that they may do it at home.
Aromatherapy Massage – What is it?
Aromatherapy massage is a kind of massage therapy that also uses essential oils to be added to the massage lotion or oil. Essential oils are very effective in making the mind and body relax, basically because when their molecules are inhaled, messages are then sent to the limbic system. This could then affect a person’s heart rate, blood pressure. Stress levels, memory, breathing, digestion, and even the immune system.
What are the benefits of Aromatherapy Massage?
This type of massage therapy is perfect for conditions that involve stress and other emotionally-related conditions, such as back pain, digestive disorders, and headaches.
Several studies have been conducted to prove the effectiveness of aromatherapy massage.
- The use of self-massage has led to significant improvements on the wellbeing of individuals with lymphedema. This practice also resulted in slight reduction in limb volume.
- Another study involved sixteen first time mothers, who then had an aromatherapy massage for 30 minutes two days after they gave birth, along with 20 others who received the standard post-partum care. The group of mothers who had an aromatherapy massage showed considerably low ratings of post-partum blues and anxiety. These women were also seen to be more attached to their babies.
- According to research also, more and more patients diagnosed with cancer, especially those in the palliative care, are using aromatherapy massage as part of their routine.
When is Aromatherapy Massage not recommended?
While aromatherapy massage has a lot of health and wellness benefits, it is not for everyone, especially in these cases:
- People with rashes, skin disease, and open wounds
- When a person has just undergone surgery
- Right after chemotherapy, unless it is recommended by the physician
- People who are prone to blood clotting
- Pregnant women
Aromatherapy Massage at home
If you want to try this type of massage therapy, but find it difficult to go out of your home, you can certainly try it in the comfort of your own room! All you need is an essential oil, essential oil diffuser best, and someone who could possibly give you a short massage. Zen Living Snow Ball diffuser is what you need to enjoy a relaxing aromatherapy. You can use this diffuser with any essential oils, or even as an air humidifier, too!